Sunday, 8 August 2010

Homemade Pizza

Today I decided that I wanted to follow in the footsteps of Medieval Neapolitans and make a homemade pizza for a late lunch.

I pulled out 'Mommas Italian Cook Book' and whipped the ingredients out of the cupboards. My girlfriend had, in traditional blue peter fashion, pre-made some thin italian pizza bases from scratch a week ago for my birthday, so using one of these as a base, I heated up some chopped tomatoes with palenta, oregano, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil and a little garlic.

This sat for half an hour to thicken up, and then was pasted onto the base. I thinly sliced some mozzarella cheese and randomly placed this on top to match the pre-assumed, aesthetically pleasing, template of what a pizza should look like, and then into the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes it went.

I was fairly pleased with the result, here are some practice food photography attempts, I personally prefer the first two shots, the shots of it cooked didn't work as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment