Thursday, 9 September 2010

Bathroom Darkroom?

I have a ton of Black and White 35mm and 120 film sat on my side, I never get around to actually getting it processed in town, mainly because of how long it takes and the cost. So, I have decided that I will try and make my pitch black bathroom into a part time darkroom.

It might be a bit of an effort and I do have a perfectly sized cupboard room that would allow for a perfect dark room, but it's our only large storage area and is full of boxes etc.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2042551_turn-bathroom-darkroom.html

What a potential bathroom darkroom would look like (Click for larger image);



There is a certain magic about film photography that just isn't emulated when doing digital photography. Whether it's the mystery of what's on the film, or the vintage/nostalgia feeling I'm not sure, but it can't be beaten, it's an art within itself.

I remember my early university days, I would wake up at 5am to catch a bus to the University for 7.30am (you have to get there early for the room), get into the dark room and not come out again until 6pm, at which point, in Winter, it was dark again outside. I was like a vampire, never seeing the light of day, but how I loved it, if it wasn't for the price, and the fact I was given a delightful Nikon D200 the same year, I'd have spent more of my remaining years in the dark room.

No comments:

Post a Comment