Friday, 17 September 2010

Hummingbird Bakery Brownies

Today I made a valiant second attempt at baking the Hummingbird Bakery Brownies, clinging onto the hope that nothing will go wrong this time.

I was very close, the actual brownie itself turned out lovely, apart from an odd light brown crust on top, which wasn't there in the photograph of 'their brownies', I can only assume the heat was too high, even though it was at 170 degrees, which according to the recipe was correct.

Taste wise, 8/10, I prefer them a bit more fudgie, but I'm definitely getting there.

Click thumbnails for larger images.



5 comments:

  1. Practice makes perfect!! nom nom,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know i tried and tried and tried and tried to make these when i was 30 now i'm 47 and still failing! You Go Girl! But hey some things just weren't mean to be!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe change the type of chocolate that you are melting. If is it not pure enough, it may have too much butter content and is causing it to come out differently.
    Ths is what happen to me when I used the cheap chocolate also another time I forgot to line with baking paper and only buttered...They came out looking like your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm a guy but thanks for the 'Go girl' comment!

    I think I'll need to cook them on a lower temperature next time, hunger and excitement made me rush them, hence the crusty layer on top. I prefer the fudge thickness texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And sadly it wasn't cheap chocolate, it was some 'cooking chocolate' about £4 a pop!

    ReplyDelete